The holiday season is well underway and our team at Yankee Valley Dental would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support! We are proud to be an Airdrie-run dental clinic serving the local community.
With the holiday season come festivities, celebrations, and of course – lots of food and treats! This means we need to be more diligent than ever when taking care of our teeth and maintaining good oral hygiene.
Keep your teeth healthy this holiday season
It’s true that dental clinics in Airdrie often see an uptick in cavity treatments after the holidays. One of the reasons for this is an increase in consuming sugary foods and the hustle and bustle that leaves us putting our dental hygiene routine last on the list.
You can avoid post-holiday dental problems by following these tips below:
- Limit sugary food and drinks – We know this is a tough one over the holidays with gifts of chocolate, holiday pastries, and gatherings with loved ones that involve a lot of delicious food. While we can’t realistically expect you to stave off sugary drinks and food altogether, we do recommend limiting them as much as possible.
- Carry dental floss with you – When food debris remains between our teeth, it gives bacteria the chance to eat away at the enamel. Typically, after a dinner gathering, we remain at our friend or family’s house for hours before we head home. That’s a long time for food to remain in the crevices of your teeth, which is why we recommend carrying dental floss with you to remove food right after a meal. This can help prevent cavities.
- Maintain your daily dental hygiene routine – Holiday celebrations with our loved ones mean late nights and busy days ahead. No matter how busy your schedule is, it’s important to carve out time to take care of your teeth. Even if you’re brushing while half asleep, you’re still brushing!
- Don’t hold off on dental appointments – Dental appointments are one of the things on our to-do list that can easily be put on the back burner in place of last-minute Christmas shopping, cooking, baking, and gift-wrapping. However, remember that while the holiday season is temporary, your dental health is not – especially if you have an issue that needs to be taken care of as soon as possible to prevent further damage or worse, a dental emergency. There’s no other alternative – it’s important to stick to your appointment and routine checkups!
Give the gift of a beautiful smile this holiday season
If you’re looking for a thoughtful gift for a family, friend, or yourself, check out our teeth whitening services right in time for the holidays! With plenty of socializing and gathering coming up soon, it’s the perfect time to brighten up that smile and boost your confidence.
If you or your loved one are new to Yankee Valley Dental, no problem – we accept new patients. As part of our new patient procedure, we take the time to get to know your dental health goals and assess the current health of your teeth and gums before we jump into any treatments.
We look forward to serving you with quality dental care and wish you a happy holiday and a healthy New Year!
- Your dedicated dental team at Yankee Valley Dental