In recent years, the teeth whitening industry has seen rapid growth – and for good reason. Who doesn’t want a brighter, whiter smile? Our teeth naturally darken with age, with the colour ranging from light grey to yellow due to an accumulation of surface stains. These stains are a result of eating certain foods, drinking coffee, soft drinks, and using tobacco products.
Teeth whitening is an effective way to lift these stains. And while at-home teeth whitening kits are perfectly safe to use, a professional dental clinic like Yankee Valley Dental in Airdrie can help you achieve a whiter smile quicker and make sure the results are even.
Why get your teeth professionally whitened?
- Faster results – The professional teeth whitening product that your general dentist uses has a higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide, which makes it faster to achieve the results you want.
- Customization and tray coverage – The dentist ensures that the whitening tray will have even coverage, so the tray can touch every angle of your teeth. Getting your customizations will also help your dentist know if you have sensitive teeth and can work around them.
- No negative gum reactions – Professional help from your cosmetic dentist ensures that there are zero possibilities of gum reactions when applying the recommended teeth whitening product.
- Further appointments – Through a teeth whitening appointment, your dentist may also recommend further treatments such as polishing, fillings, or other cosmetic options.
What to expect during a professional teeth whitening appointment
- During your consultation, Dr. Parsa at Yankee Valley Dental will discuss the teeth whitening procedures you need to go through. This means having the possibility of booking a separate session for cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers, or dental crowns.
- If you decide to get a take-home kit instead, Dr. Parsa will be having an impression of your teeth and customize a whitening tray. The tray will take up to five days to make.
- During your second appointment, Dr. Parsa will give you your custom tray and bleaching solution. She will then go through and show the process of how to use the tools.
- You should be able to see outcomes in two weeks. However, your diet, genes, or even lifestyle choices will highly affect your desired post-treatment outcome.
- You can definitely buy more bleaching material for your future follow-up appointments. During that time, getting another kit is encouraged.
- Like other dental treatments, there is a possibility of temporary sensitivity. We offer products that help with the discomfort, as well as suggest what foods to eat.
Contact Yankee Valley Dental to book your first professional teeth whitening consultation and we’ll get you closer to achieving the smile you’ve always wanted!